Welcome to BB Events

We've confirmed a new passion. Since planning our own weddings, our interest in event planning has blossomed more than we imagined. We've always loved party planning - from holiday parties & bar-b-ques to birthdays, baby showers & reunions - pretty much any special occasion that involves bringing family & friends together and celebrating. Researching all the gorgeous party details (especially weddings) and brainstorming creative, budget-friendly ways to express the joys and emotions of each celebration is a confirmed passion of ours! Check out some of the brilliantly beautiful ways to celebrate in our blog. Feel free to comment & give us feedback!

Thanks for looking! And please contact us if you need ideas for your celebration! We are based out of the San Francisco-Bay Area in Northern California.

Beautifully yours,

CHI & HELEN

Email: bbevents2014@gmail.com

Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Beginning of BB Events - Chi & R's Wedding

My husband and I have been married for almost 8 months now!!! Wow, time does fly... And I'm still really into anything wedding! Hence, another avenue to channel my energy and excitement of wedding planning - this blog!

Looking back, I planned our wedding in less than a year. I stumbled across Project Wedding (PW) (http://www.projectwedding.com/) - actually it was recommended by my sister's friend - and immediately was inspired by all the ideas and DIY projects being shared on it's forum. There were other wedding websites I used as well (the knot, stylemepretty, etc); but, I was most inspired by PW.

Check out planning process at my PW biography site at http://www.projectwedding.com/biography/list/38chi. Was even chosen as "bio of the week" this week - super excited and have to brag a little!

Anyways, wedding planning was as challenging as it was invigorating for me because I was able to be creative and artistic. Planning this event really tested my patience, as I tried to manage a guest list, tight budget (for San Francisco), a long list of vendors and multiple DIY projects (listed in my PW bio above). Juggling all these things and multi-tasking was actually really fun for me, as I was very motivated by making sure the end result - THE actual day - would be the most perfect ever...and it was - the most perfect day for my husband and I.

More wedding tips, as well as creative and BRILLIANTLY BEAUTIFUL EVENTS ideas to come. Stay tuned!

Ceremony Venue: Shakespeare Garden, San Francisco, CA
Reception Venue: Terra Gallery, San Francisco, CA
Photographer: Lawrence Ha Photography, San Jose, CA
Cake: Jasmine Rae Bakery, San Francisco, CA
Bridal Party Flowers: Angela's Flowers, Santa Clara, CA
Make-up & Hair: Styles by Ann, Milpitas, CA
Centerpieces: Brilliantly Beautiful Events (just one of my many DIYs - see more HERE)

No comments:

Post a Comment