Welcome to BB Events

We've confirmed a new passion. Since planning our own weddings, our interest in event planning has blossomed more than we imagined. We've always loved party planning - from holiday parties & bar-b-ques to birthdays, baby showers & reunions - pretty much any special occasion that involves bringing family & friends together and celebrating. Researching all the gorgeous party details (especially weddings) and brainstorming creative, budget-friendly ways to express the joys and emotions of each celebration is a confirmed passion of ours! Check out some of the brilliantly beautiful ways to celebrate in our blog. Feel free to comment & give us feedback!

Thanks for looking! And please contact us if you need ideas for your celebration! We are based out of the San Francisco-Bay Area in Northern California.

Beautifully yours,

CHI & HELEN

Email: bbevents2014@gmail.com

Monday, July 19, 2010

Brilliant DIY: CAKE POPS!!!

Inspired by Bakerella red velvet cake balls and her famous cake pops, I decided to give this a try this past weekend. I wanted to make a special party favor for my friends and here is my version of how to make these brilliantly beautiful cake pops. I did chocolate on chocolate - they turned out super moist and perfectly sweet (per my friends, of course!).

STEP 1: Bake a cake of your choice and cool the cake completely. I used a chocolate cake mix and just followed the directions. Cooling the cake completely is a very important part of step 1.
STEP 2: Crumble the cake into fine pieces. I found using a whisk saved me from using my hands. The cake will get caught on the middle of the whisk but just gentle tap the whisk on the side of the bowl and the loose pieces will fall. (I've heard you can also use a food processer). I also started the crumbling in the pan, then transferred and finished the process in the bowl.

STEP 3: Mix in 3/4 to 1 container of pre-made frosting. This frosting should be the same flavor as the cake.
STEP 4: Form and roll into quarter-sized balls. This was most messy and greasy part of the process for me.

STEP 5: Chill in the refrigerator for several hours - I chilled it over night so it the cake balls became nice and firm.

STEP 6: Melt your choice of chocolate chips
STEP 7: DIPPING...Dip the lollipop sticks into the melted the chocolate and insert into flat side of the cake ball about 1/2 deep - now, you have a cake pop! Then dip the cake pop into the melted chocolate, twirl it to shake off excess chocolate and stick the pop into a piece of styrofaom to cool & dry. You can add cake sprinkles when the chocolate coating is till warm to help it stick (optional). Note: I only did a half dip.

STEP 8: Wrap and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment